Here you will find everything you need to know about how easy is to create your own WordPress Blog. Starting a blog was one of the best things I did in my life. It allows me to make money and doing what I love to do. It can be overwhelming to start a blog at the beginning, but here are all the answers you are looking for. You can check my latest income reports here.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a website creation tool, the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system.
What is Web Hosting?
It’s a physical system that keeps your website online. The best hosting company is BlueHost.
What is a Domain?
It is the name of your website. For example http://roadtofreelife.com it’s the domain name of my blog.
The best part is that you can start a money-making blog for just a few dollars a month if you register your blog name Bluehost. If you register on this link you will get a special discount and also a free domain name if you are choosing 12 months or more hosting.
Why you should start a blog today?
Since I start blogging I’m able to work from home, I can travel whenever I want, I have flexible work time, and more. I really love my life and can’t believe how much it improved since I started this blog.
Anyone can make money with a blog, very easy, and I was able to make the money back that I paid for blog hosting very quickly. It is well worth it to pay for blog hosting and you will be able to make your money back quickly as well.
Bluehost is one of the top web hosting companies in 2018 and you can start your own blog with them for as low as $3.95 a month (only available through this link)! Also, if you sign up using my link, then you will get your domain for free if you purchase a 12 month or longer hosting plan (a $15 value).
How to start a WordPress Blog on Bluehost
1. Register your domain name
You can click here to register your domain and then you can continue to follow the tutorial below.
The first thing you will need to do when starting a WordPress blog is to think about what domain name would you like to be. I recommend you to choose a *.com extension, just because it will help you in the long-term to get your blog easily index by search engines. The first mistake to avoid is to overthinking the name and get stuck. This process doesn’t need to take you longer than a few minutes. You can use the InstantDomainSeach, just start typing the domain you want, and it will start to generate you a lot of available domain ideas to chose from.
After you decide about your domain name, you can get your domain directly through Bluehost, and make the process very easy. If you do this, you will get the domain for FREE as long as you buy the 12 months plan hosting.
2. Buy hosting for your blog
At this point, the basic plan is more than enough for you to start a blog and make money from it.
So, let’s see the costs of having a WordPress Blog:
- Free Domain name
- Hosting plan. If you chose 12 months, it’s extremely affordable at $5.95 per month. But if you want to get the best value I highly suggest you to chose 36 months hosting and you will get the $3.95 per month price.
- The only package extra you may want to get is the Domain Privacy Protection which is only $0.99 per month. This will keep your personal information secure.
- You don’t need the other extras from there, because there are free alternatives for doing the same things
- Remember, you will get the Free Domain Name only if you purchase the hosting through this link
3. Installing WordPress
Now you’ve got the hosting it’s time to install WordPress. You will be asked to select a password after you complete your Bluehost purchase.
Now you will have to choose a theme. But don’t worry, you can easily change it anytime if you change your mind. You will have to click on “Start Building” and CONGRATULATION! You now have a WordPress blog. Of course, you will have to work on the design and creating some quality content, but I can assure you it will be an amazing feeling to see your own blog building up in the way you want to. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected] and will be happy to help.
Some WordPress Tips:
- To create your first post, click on Posts (left-top part) and Add New. Then you’ll have to type a title and the content. When you are ready just click on Publish.
- If you want to change the Theme, go to Appearance and Themes. You can choose another theme or edit the current one.